Saturday 15 June 2013

Fashion Drawing Course

As I have mentioned in a previous post, over summer I am following the 'Fashion Design Drawing Course' by Caroline Tatham & Julian Seaman to improve my confidence and skills in Illustration.

The book has 24 units (each a breif or a project) to complete, spread over 4 chapters:
Finding Inspiration
Illustrating Fashion
Planning and Designing
Communicating your Vision

Unit 1: Visiting a museum

In this first unit, I had to visit a museum and spend a day looking around all the exhibitions making quick sketches, to then pick one theme to use as an inspiration to form a small collection.
I visited The World Museum in Liverpool and decided on The Bug House, using the grasshopper as my main design source.

So here's a selection of pieces from my sketchbook!
(p.s: The images haven't scanned as well as I thought and some of my favorite pieces aren't even visable! I will keep this in mind when working on the other projects!)
Sketch taken at the museum
Experimenting with media
Garment ideas
trying to find 'the facce'

The Final Designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment